How can we improve GameBook?

More statistics (penalty shots, sand saves etc.)

Extra stats.
For example there is no possibility to enter if played bunker shot. Fairway or greenside.
penalty strokes. OOB, Water, rule violation etc.

158 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mick AustinMick Austin shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave DobranskiDave Dobranski commented  · 

Key stats for me are:
        * Driving Distance (Club selection would be nice, but only if it was quick to add)
        * Fairways (Hit, Left, Right, Miss) - automatically generating FIR
        * GIR (auto calculated by making par with 2 or less putts)
        * Putts
        * 1st Putt Distance - this tells me how I'm doing with my approach shots
        * Penalty Strokes
        * Sand Saves

More stats are nice, but too many slow down play. The ability to turn on or off specific stats would eliminate this issue. The more stats that can be automatically calculated for minimal entries the better. Examples of this would be:
        * GIRs on Par 3, Par 4 and Par 5
        * GIR Putts on Par 3, Par 4 and Par 5
        * Average score on Par 3, Par 4 and Par 5

All of the above are automatically calculated from minimal stats entered and could be used to identify weaknesses in your golf game.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Putts/GIR would be a good addition to the stats as well

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to keep track of balls hit out of play. It is the main factor for my high scoring rounds.

• Gabriele SabbatinoGabriele Sabbatino commented  · 

If I can add my humble comment here, I agree with the "anonymous" comment, asking for all that stats, as I already collecting them on my paper scorecard.
        My list will be:
        - Increase of the stats on fairway hit, adding at list a "short" one, sometimes it happens to not get the distance to the fairway;
        - adding stats on penalty (including the kind: water red or yellow, out of limits, etc)
        - adding bunker strokes;
        - I really like automatic GIR stat, but I would like to force a manual calculation in case like the one happened to me on a PAR 3, I did not hit the green on first shot, but I was able to score a birdie hitting the hole from outside the green with a pitch shot. Maybe you can add an "Extra stats" option within Profile to allow players to choose whether or not they would like to collect those info;
        - another info I will add on Stableford games, is the ability to score a "not finished the hole", as it is a must while in a game to avoid losing time trying to finish an hole while you already scored a triple bogey. Using "0" will affect overall stats unfortunately;
        - knowing which clubs have been used for a single shot (or at least for the first one) will help also "roaming" players to remember what club they selected on a course where they do not play very often.

Keep up the good work!!! You app is really great!
        Ciao
        Gabriele

• Anonymous commented  · 

A few additional stats will be helpful. Other apps maintain the following (1) Fairways (hit, left, right, short, long) (2) GIR (calculated automatically) (3) puts (4) sand shots (it could one or more) (5) penalty shots (without specification of the nature of penalty - OB, Water). Covering those five would make the functionality very helpful. Other apps also allow entering the clubs in the bag (even selecting manufacturers and models of clubs), which is linked to club used to make the first shot. It would be great to be able to enter the composition of the bag - e.g. D, F, 2i, etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base