Game Formats

Do you and your golf buddies play certain game format that is not yet supported by us?
Let us know game format-related ideas on this forum.

Do you have a new game format suggestion?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Low Ball-High Ball

Support the following game-type.

Low Ball-High Ball is a golf game for groups of four playing against one another on 2-person teams. The two teams compare their respective lows balls, and their respective high balls, and earn 1 point each for the better low and high balls.

Here's how it works:

On Hole 1, for example, the players for Team A score 4 and 6; while the players for Team B score 5 and 5. What are the low balls for each side? Four (Team A's low ball) and five (Team B's low ball). Four is the better of the…

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Multiround in different formats

It would be awesome to combine different game formats in a Multiround Tournament. After taking off by Stableford, takin on Medal and finally finish the lot by Duplicate. Duplicate final round would be awesome, cause you could catch a huge gap by scoring the right holes.

103 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the interest in GameBook

Different formats in a multiround game can only be played in Reds vs Blues team match play. So you need to play matchplay through the whole tournament. Once you are creating the game with Game Manager select one of the formats (individual, better ball, scramble, foursome or greensome matchplay) for the first round and select “yes” to Reds vs Blues mode.

Changing other formats than matchplay formats from round to round is currently not possible in a multiround game, and this would need a careful consideration from us since this would require drastic application and system changes.

Best,
        GameBook Team

• Overview which shows when Skins was won

Hello, In skins format, it would be very useful to be a le to see in which holes were the skins won. Just some feedback. Love the App and i've been trying to encourage all my golfer friends to use it . Thanks!

69 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Skins with Red vs Blue

I am planning an outing, and want to use skins as a side game paired with Red vs Blue. I realize that red vs blue is match play, but there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to have everyone play out the holes and have skins tracked in conjunction with the red vs blue matches.

Thanks for considering this.

51 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for posting this!

The idea is now under review and gathering votes.

At the moment the only side game format along with Reds vs. Blues which is allowed is Stableford, however we have plans to add more side game formats in the future. However you could have the Skins game along with the match play events as well. Only thing is that you would have to create two different games to do this. One game for the Reds vs. Blues and other game for the Skins format, and you would have to have two devices per group to enable smooth live scoring. One device to score the match play and other one to score the Skins.

Best,
            GameBook Team

• 47 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Ability to play Match Play Individual and Stroke Play at the same time

In my golf league at work, we play 1-on-1 each week against another golfer, but we play Stroke Play and Match Play at the same time. So, whoever has the lowest Net Score (we use handicaps) gets a point (or it is halved if it's a tie) and then whoever wins the most holes (again, with handicap) gets a point (or it is halved if it's a tie).

Right now, when you select Stroke Play as the primary game, Match Play Individual is not an option for the Side Game. Similarly, when you select Match Play Individual as the Primary…

46 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your feedback.

Most likely we will introduce a wider range of side game formats to go with Match Play in the future.

However, Match Play and Stroke Play as a combined score a you described would be a new game format, and at this time we aren’t introducing new game formats. Nonetheless, I will forward your suggestion to our development team and they will review this when we are considering new game formats.

Best Regards,
                Rauli Luoto
                GameBook Team

• More Wagers

Hello, I want to see if you have plans to develop more wagers ... specifically what I'm looking for are:
                - NASSAU - Group and individual (with the option to press 2 or 3).
                - POINTS - Having the ability to mark individual points between two players.

Please let me know if you can develop these two things.

Thank you,
                Daniel Masri

38 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion!

I will let our development team know about this suggestion, and they will look if we could add these to our application!

With all the best,
                  Päivi
                  GameBook Team

• Reds vs. Blues more side games

It would be nice to be able to play non-matchplay games in the Reds vs. Blues format. Or at least side games that are non-matchplay. I know the matchplay competition could end before the stroke play game, but I don't understand why this would be a problem.

For instance, if we are playing RvB in the matchplay best ball format, it would be great if we could also have the app keep up with a regular best ball game. Therefore, we would have 3 wagers going at once: 1) RvB, 2) matchplay within the group, and 3) best ball against…

35 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for the idea! We might add more side games to the match play formats in the future, since at the moment our system only supports the basic Stableford format to play along with match play. We will update this idea as soon as we have news on this.

Best wishes,
                    GameBook Team

• Aggregate formats (matchplay, stroke play)

Two teams of two players. On each hole aggregated scores to be compared. Better number wins the hole. With equal numbers the hole is tied. Example: Team A counts 4 and 7, Team B 5 and 6 - the hole is tied.
                    That format could be stroke play as well as stableford.

29 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea! At this point we don’t have plans to add this, but this idea is now under review. We do have these Match play format already supported: Individual, Better Ball and Teams (scramble, greensome, foursome).

Best,
                      GameBook Team

• Reverse Stableford or Chicago

Each player starts with 39 points minus their handicap for the course (eg a 14 handicap starts with 25 and 7 handicap starts with 32) points for gross eagle (-4), gross birdie (-3), gross par(-2) and gross bogey (-1) are applied lowering your number as the play progresses. Points are added for gross double (+1) gross triple (+2) gross quad or more (+3)
                      The player with the lowest number at the end of the round wins.
                      The major difference between the reverse and regular stableford is the penalties for scoring doubles or more and the way that handicaps are applied.

24 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Admin →
                      • Las Vegas

When played properly, this is a great change of pace. First off, you need a foursome since it pits two teams of two players. At the end of each hole a team's score is derived by making the lower denomination of the two scores the first digit of your team's total score. For instance, if you card a "four" and your partner gets a "six," your team's score is a 46. However, if someone birdies (or eagles) a hole, the other team must reverse the numbers in their score. In the above scenario, your team would be tagged with a…

19 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Skins extras

Hey! We are playing alot Skins game format at our golf club in Kymen Golf. But Gamebooks Skins game varies from the rules how we play. Our Skins has extra skins for making birdie, eagle, double eagle and H-I-O. Birdies values 1 extra skin, eagle 4 skins, double eagle 16-25 skins and H-I-O is worth of 20 skins. I knot that in Gamebook there is "extras setting" but it doesn't count extra skins even though we set the extras. Could this be added to the Skins game? Love the app and all my friends are using it on every round.…

16 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Custom Stableford Points

I know there are multiple options for the Stableford points now, but is there a way to customize it for your specific group? We play with a group that has scoring ranging from par to guys that score well over par on each hole. We want each guy to contribute to his team's score, so our points look like this: Ace/D. Eagle = 20, Eagle = 10, Birdie = 7, Par = 5, Bogey = 3, D. Bogey = 2, & T. Bogey+ = 1.

Another thing we do is pick 2-3 holes each round to double. Is that possible…

15 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

At the moment we have no plans to add more Stableford scoring methods, but please vote for the idea if you hope this to be added.

We have the basic Stableford calculation and along with that 3 other ways to calculate points in this game format. Here are the modications and how the points are being calculated:

Regular: eagle 4, birdie 3, par 2, bogey 1, DB+ 0
                              Modified: eagle 5, birdie 2, par 0, bogey -1, DB+ -3
                              Modified 2: eagle 6, birdie 4, par 2, bogey 1, DB+ 0
                              Modified 3: eagle 5, birdie 3, par 2, bogey 1, DB+ 0

Also you can set the handicaps off or on, if you want to use sloped handicaps, and decide the handicap percentage for each game individually.

Best wishes,
                              GameBook Team

• Greensome handicap calculation

In Gamebook you calculate the handicap for a team in Greensome by adding 50% of each players handicap. In several countries the common way of calculating Greensome handicap is to add 60% of the lowest handicap and 40% of the highest handicap from the two players in the team. Would be nice if you would be able to configure which method to use.

Regards
                              Håkan

14 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Admin →
                              • Free Form scoring as a side game - for Vegas, Wolf, etc.

Have you thought of having a free form side game? I ask because I know a lot of people that play "Vegas" or "Wolf" and being able to add or subtract values would solve a lot of problems with Side Games. As an example, the primary game would be stroke play and the side game would be Free Form. When you enter in the score, you put in all four scores but there would be another place next to the score/player to enter a value - whether "10" or "-10", etc,
                                It would be great for games where partners may…

13 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • New Game Idea

I know you all have a game setup where you can take a foursome or twosome and count the low ball or two or three balls and would like to suggest a new game that my friends and I like to play that is similar that we call one-two or two-three or one-two-three where, for example, on one-two the odd holes only the lowest score counts and on the even holes the low two scores count. If you all at gamebook could incorporate that in the new update that would be great. Also if you all have any questions about…

10 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi TJ!

Thanks for the suggestion!
                                    I will forward this to our development team and they will look into this. We are always open to new game format suggestions!

With all the best,
                                    Päivi
                                    GameBook Team

• JBs

JBs (Jolly Boys) format is simple. It is for 2-4 players.

Each hole is played in a match play format. With all players stroking 3/4 HC from the lowest HC player.

If a player wins the hole outright, no matter how many players are playing, that player gains 1 point.

If there are only two players and the hole is halved, the hole is deemed to be 'zeroed' and no points are awarded.

If there are three players playing and two players halve the hole, each player is awarded 1/2 point each. If all three players share the hole, the…

9 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • 1vs3 or 2vs3 Match Play games

Four teams participate and 1 player from each team represent in the four-ball and each player plays 3 matches (singles matchplay).

How can this be setup in GameBook.

7 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Admin →
                                      • 30 and 40 Ball Game Format

I'd love for you guys to add a game format called 30-ball and 40-ball. Basically the format is a team game where you choose 30 or 40 scores for the round. You must decide which scores to take before moving on to the next hole. 30 ball is normally for a 3 person team and 40 for a 4 person team.

There is a lot of strategy involved because you want to take as many scores early in the round as possible so you don't get to the last few holes needing everyone's score. It's a TON of fun and…

7 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Round Robin / Corners

Round Robin is the name of a golf format for a group of four golfers, who pair off for 2-vs.-2 matches in which partners change every six holes. That way, each member of the quartet partners each other golfer in the quartet for one of those matches. And an 18-hole round includes three different partnerships and three matches for each golfer.

Round Robin is known by several other names, among the most common being Sixes, Corners and Hollywood

6 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for the format suggestion!

At the moment we don’t have plans to more game formats, but we will definitely come back to this idea when the time is right. This idea is now gathering votes.

Best,
                                            GameBook Team

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Game Formats

Feedback and Knowledge Base